Model Christian College was established in 2007 by Arücho Society for Human Transformation and Research, Kohima, to provide undergraduate program in Science Course.
With a vision to encourage young people and provide quality education, the College embarked on its journey on the 9th of July 2007, with twenty four students.
The program was launched with the introduction of the Department of English (Compulsory Paper) and three Science Departments – Botany and Zoology (Honors and Pass Course) and Chemistry (Pass Course). Over the course of time, several new departments were added: Chemistry (Honors) in 2010, and Geology (Honors and Pass Course) and Geography (Pass Course) in 2015. Another hallmark was the introduction of Arts Course, English, Political Science and Sociology in 2014, and History (Pass Course) in History in 2016.
To impart quality education to produce intellectually competent, spiritually and morally upright individuals, socially committed men and women in the service of the society. The College aims at translating the Vision into action in the following ways:
- To create an environment congenial to continuous and sustainable human development
- To create peace and harmony in the society
- To organize various knowledge-based activities for promotion of better understanding and furtherance of latest skills and technologies
- To cater to the academic needs of the aspirants for excellence
- To provide an excellent supportive Christian environment for moral excellence that will stimulate each student socially, politically and economically
- To provide quality education through innovative system of education supported by up-to-date facilities
- To emphasize on intellectual, moral and spiritual aspects of education
- To promote in teachers and students a sense of belonging, loyalty and pride in the institution
Mr. S.P. Francis
Managing DirectorModel Christian College is an institution that is firmly rooted in its mission of teaching, research and the pursuit of knowledge. The campus community is committed to discovery and transformation, creative and collaborative achievements, critical thinking in an open and inclusive environment that nurtures the growth and development of all faculty, students, administration and staff. Our campus, faculty and students are driven by optimism. It is not unpretentious; it is a necessity. And it has fueled every accomplishment, allowing us to redefine what’s achievable, time after time. It is what enables us to push forward and attain the unattainable. It permeates our focus on education and service and, in turn, opens unlimited opportunities to every student.
Dr. Luke Rymbai
PrincipalThe world is moving at such a high pace in the field of science and technology that there is a growing demand for quality education. It is seriously felt that the quantum of resources and infrastructure available in the field of higher education in Nagaland is far from coping up with the demand of properly qualified graduates both in academic and moral aspects. The impact of globalization has given rise to the exigency to educate, train, and equip the budding talents of the State/Region with the requisite academic orientation inputs. Therefore, Model Christian College has been conceived and materialized with the objective of providing quality education at par excellence.